The recipe for Scotcharoos was originally published on a box of Kellogg’s Rice Crispies cereal in the 1960s. Popular in Iowa, they’ve been described as a chewy candy. A few simple ingredients and ease of preparation ensured their popularity. Use cookie cutters to shape scotcharoos into special occasion treats.
Recipe Servings: 24
- Generously butter a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Set aside.
- Mix corn syrup, sugar, and peanut butter in a large pot and cook over medium heat until peanut butter melts.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then remove from heat. Stir in rice cereal.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan and use clean, well-buttered hands to pat down.
- In medium pan over medium-low heat, melt chocolate and butterscotch chips until smooth.
- Spread melted chocolate over top of bars and let cool.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Recipe introduction and directions © Copyright 2016-2021 World Trade Press. All rights reserved.