The Mediterranean flair in this recipe comes through in the feta, mint and kalamata olives. Refreshing and crunchy, this salad has bright flavors and makes a great addition to any summer cookout. Couscous is tiny, granular pasta made of crushed durum wheat and can be prepared in countless ways. Originating in north Africa and popular in the Middle East, instant couscous—pre-steamed and dried—has been embraced by many Americans because of its easy preparation. Try this recipe in pitas, as a dip or served on salad greens.
Recipe Servings: 6
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sugar
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- Follow package instructions to make couscous, adding butter during preparation. Let cool.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl until well blended. Set aside.
- Place couscous in a large bowl and fluff with fork.
- Add cucumber, olives, tomatoes, green pepper, onion, feta and mint to couscous and mix well.
- Add dressing and toss.
Recipe introduction and directions © Copyright 2016-2021 World Trade Press. All rights reserved.