Chicken strips are fun to eat and kids love them. Some recipes call for frying the breaded strips but oven baking is easier and healthier. Chicken has been eaten since 600 BCE in the Middle East as well as throughout the world. Once an expensive meat, chicken grew in popularity in the United States during and after WWII. Beef was rationed during the war and industrial chicken farming emerged around that time, making chicken more affordable and plentiful. Chicken is now the preferred meat among Americans.
Recipe Servings: 4
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and grease the foil using nonstick cooking spray.
- Place flour in shallow dish.
- Beat egg and water in another dish.
- Mix breadcrumbs and cheese in another dish.
- Coat chicken with flour and then dip in egg mixture. Coat with breadcrumbs.
- Place chicken on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes, turning once until chicken is no longer pink in center and coating is golden brown.
- Serve with desired dipping sauce.
Recipe introduction and directions © Copyright 2016-2021 World Trade Press. All rights reserved.